Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

336 the hammer quit working

Justin98 · 2024-12-16 20:29

I’m going out to work on a 336 tomorrow, the serial number is CAT0336ECRZA00244. The operator was hammering and then a tool control malfunction warning popped up in the dash, and the hammer quit working. I told the operator how to pull the codes for me, and there was 2 codes. 1 for the travel alarm being unplugged and a 2009-5 code I’m guessing that one of the solenoid that’s go to the aux hydraulic line, that’s beside the swing motor, went bad or there’s a wiring issue to them. But I’m not certain if that’s the issue. Any suggestions and advice would be great. Thanks you for all the help

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2024-12-16 20:52

    One of these guys has possibly failed. If not, the wiring to them has. A schematic would narrow down the wiring colors to point to exactly which one, but, odds are that one will test "open".

  2. #2Justin982024-12-17 14:59

    I went out to the machine and swapped those 2 solenoids with 2 from a different machine that we had sitting, and it didn’t change anything. So I started checking the wiring to the solenoids, with the machine running and also keyed to the on position, both solenoids have a ground and 26 volts to them. And it doesn’t change when we use the thumb wheel that works the attachments Would anybody have any wiring diagram for this or suggestions on what to check. Thanks for help

  3. #3Nige2024-12-17 15:07

    Check your messages. You have incoming.