Good evening gents Pretty stumped on this one, I have a caterpillar 336E roughly 16k hours on it Operator complained of almost hitting the cab with the bucket He went to stick out and the stick came backwards almost hitting the cab as he was going forward The stick doesn't go past vertical, Sometimes you can stick backwards and it goes forward a little but then stops Any ideas on where to start? No codes, haven't found metal in the filters Every other function wo rks as per it should
The piston has broke off the end of the rod.
I had the bolt that holds the piston pull out of the threads on the rod on my backhoe. Shop wanted to make a new rod but I suggested drilling and tapping the rod for a larger bolt which they said would work. Saved a few hundred $$$ doing it this way.