This is the dataplate for a engine on a 2002 735 ADT and I am questioning the HP rating as the CAT specs show a rating of 394 hp for this truck. I am wondering if this engine has been swapped at some time to a different higher hp model?
Thats in a 35 ton artic? Holy cow, thats overpowered. That's 15 liters, volvo only ran 13s in the A40Ds, wasn't until emissions that they stepped up to 16 liter engines. I think someone swapped a C13 out of there.
The specs show that model of artic came with a 14.6L 3406. If it has been swapped and that is accurate that thing must rip. I have not got the chance to see it in person, only seen the pictures as it is for sale.
Well the fist thing that comes up on SIS when you put in that BET02639 s/n is: Product Configuration 735_ARTICULATED Truck Serial Number: AWR00321 So if that is the S/N on the machine I'm thinking it is the original engine.
Wow. Gimmie here!
BINGO! That is the S/N on the truck. Ok, great info and I love the way people help each other out here! I wonder if CAT just puts the max hp that engine configuration can do and detunes it to what the trucks require to do the job and still have ok fuel economy?
It is the original engine. Attached are the dyno test results. It produced 394 BHP @ 2100 RPM. I would suspect an error on the data plate that no-one picked up. EDITA: In case anyone's wondering about the difference between the "Corrected Full Load Power" and the "Advertised Power" figure on the bottom of the test sheet, one is the Gross Power and the other's the nett power with all accessories (fan, alternator, etc) installed. The snip from the Specalog mentions the same values.