Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo A25d 2003

john biggins · 2021-05-28 18:17

Hi all Need some pointers or advise if possible Have a 2003 A25d truck ser 11387 Truck is running well but tranng seems to be acting a bit funny I don’t honk it’s slipping When u rev her she changes up through the gears but seems to sometime start to change down and feels like she is not taking accelerator. i don’t have ang lights or fault codes The fault code dash is not actually working buttons seem gone so I know that’s no help Anyway any ideas what I should check or do Oils and filters all done Or any test I can do Coukd it be an accelerator issue ? j

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2021-05-29 11:27

    I guess the logical first step would be to get the fault code panel working. Right now you are working blind on a piece of equipment equipped with an electronically-controlled power train. That's never a good place to be.

  2. #2john biggins2021-05-31 02:38

    Thanks nige, have the little panel out today and bringing it to local guy today to see what storey is . I was using it saturday , it feels like when she gets to say 40/50k and she starts coasting ie not pulling , she begins to gear back down. Just in case that give any impression J

  3. #3Nige2021-05-31 14:28

    I'm not a Volvo guy unfortunately, but the story you told in your OP led to my response that you really need to get the electronic diagnostic system working to give you half a chance of finding out what's wrong. There is a guy from England on HEF who's pretty clued up on Volvo artics. Try starting a conversation with a member with the login "sfrs4" and ask for help would be my suggestion.

  4. #4truecountry2021-06-09 20:56

    Test alternator and battery connections Volvo has electronic shift and must have 24+ volts to shift correct also a25c's had a key switch problem from the bouncing around switch would do all types of weird trans issues i know u have a d but also theres a load governor type attached to throttle cable