Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3406 head gasket

King of Obsolete ยท 2010-03-18 01:03

a buddy of mine is heading up on the winter road which is now a mud road and he toasted a head gasket on his 1996 freightliner with a cat 3406. since this is new style for me, i need some pointer on whipping the head off and reinstalling. thansk KoO Published Author

Replies3
  1. #1Muffler Bearing2010-03-18 18:30

    well King, I've got the head off a C-10 with piston VS valve contact in all 6 holes. I'll send you some good Kitty Cat Mojo!:drinkup

  2. #2Autocar2010-03-18 21:14

    I had a problem with a 3406 blowing head gaskets twice. It turned out the after cooler was getting plugged up put a new one on the problem never came back ! Good luck

  3. #3King of Obsolete2010-03-20 22:54

    quick update, vincent is up and running thansk to the BBs. it was just a head gasket and he is off on the winter road. thansk KoO Published Author