Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I didn’t see it!!!!!!!

stock ยท 2010-03-19 16:50

Your opinions please and NO it actually happened YouTube - Probe As Video Shows Lorry Shunt Car At 60mph

Replies9
  1. #1RocksnRoses2010-03-19 17:47

    I saw that video last night Stock, it was on the local news website, but there was no explanation, so I just assumed it was some sort of stunt. After reading the explanation, I am glad that bloke doesn't drive for me. I find it very hard to believe that he would not know that car was there. I am thinking maybe a little bit of 'road rage' was involved. RnR.

  2. #2Digger Dan2010-03-20 00:42

    Buddy of mine got a steal of a deal in a mint little mazda mx5, got it for 1500 when it was worth about 7 to 8 grand. Anyway he was parked in an industrial area one Saturday and a big rig came up and parked behind him and the driver fell asleep, couple of hours later he wakes up and drives about two blocks with pushing the mazda with the truck, eventually stopped but the car was a write off.... sometimes it does happen:beatsme

  3. #3stock2010-03-20 00:47

    This can be a problem with cab over trucks,sitting in the drivers seat looking out from the top of the dash there is a huge area of a blind spot,have heard of pedestrians and cyclists been killed it that blind spot,but I think the laws now states that an eyeball mirror has to be fitted to the truck to get rid of this blind spot.

  4. #4ben46a2010-03-20 11:09

    One of our driviers did it to a Nissan with an old double ender mack. car came up his blind side and cut over iin front of him at a light. Jimmy cut a quick light and pretty near ran the car over! never saw it.

  5. #5monster truck2010-03-20 11:38

    That same thing happened here a few years back at a company I used to work for. The driver changed lanes and basically pulled a pit manuver on a car without realizing it. He pushed an old lady with her driver door against the grill for almost a mile and the only reason he stopped was because other people on the road pulled in front of him and flagged him down, he had no clue. You would think that someone who does this would be fired imediately. Well he did get pulled off the road.... because they promoted him to a salesman!

  6. #6willie592010-03-20 18:37

    Wow, considering all events worldwide, sounds like this kind of thing happens frequently. I couldn't imagine taking a ride sideways being driven by a rig. Nice find Stock.

  7. #7stumpjumper832010-03-20 18:51

    somebody needed some new shorts....

  8. #8willie592010-03-20 19:14

    I remember reading about this one when it happened back in 2007, this post by Stock reminded me of it. Wheelchair stuck to the front of a Mack. http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76184

  9. #9Will Musser2010-03-20 19:34

    I had a car mess with me once when I was bobtailing back about 10 years ago. About 10 times he passed me, cut right in front of me, and slammed on the brakes. The last time I just let off the gass but didn't hit the brakes and rolled into him, then when I felt him then I gassed on it.My truck had a logging clevis on the front bumper like most pete factory loggers do. He hung on it and I pushed him up to about 110mph. Then I let off and let him roll away from me. The plastic bumper on his car had a perfect clevis print cut out of it. Ahh the things you do when your young and single and goofy! (talking about me there. I'd stop and let them get away from me now. lol)