Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3406e No start

RobVG ยท 2010-06-16 13:27

Started the truck, buzzer went off and both fluild and check engine lights. Shut it off. Found 2" oil sludge in the coolant reservoir. Oil cooler recently resealed. Cleaned reservoir and sensor, added new coolant. Sat awhile, won't start now. Change fuel filters. I shorted the sensor leads in case the sensor was tu but not sure if it's normally open or if it would cause it not to start. Still no start. I'm not a tech and don't have a computer to plug this thing in. Any suggestions???

Replies2
  1. #1khp-mech2010-06-16 15:09

    Pull up the flash codes on dash. Spin over no start? Or no spin over. What sensor are you shorting or are you connecting the two wires from sensor?

  2. #2RobVG2010-06-16 19:25

    Spin over no start... Boy do I feel stupid I talked to the guy that used to drive it. He let me know the primer pump is a little different. "You have to keep pumping awhile after it get's hard and then keep pumping". It has no bleeder. It fired after a few tries. Evidently, it had lost it's prime after sitting a few weeks. One of those cases where I imagine the worst when I should be looking for something simple. Thanks for the reply khp-mech, there are at least 3 of us from Washington now :drinkup