Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pickup pulled out in front of our dumptruck

handtpipeline ยท 2010-06-19 14:51

A pickup pulled out in front of our dumptruck yesterday morning. He tried to miss her, but there just wasn't anywhere for him to go. She's lucky he just clipped her, instead of being t-boned straight on. She went to the hospital in an ambulance, I don't think it was anything severe though. Our driver was able to walk away from it. He's sore today, but it coulda been a lot worse.

Replies11
  1. #1Tiny2010-06-19 16:37

    That's Scary as anything I have seen in a long while.Just proves you can't relax for a second.Thank God he's OK.......................The Tee shirts fits too

  2. #2tonka2010-06-19 16:57

    Glad they both are ok, theres two totaled trucks....i hope the report says she was at fault...

  3. #3Turbo218352010-06-19 19:54

    It doesnt matter, you know by default its the professional drivers fault. Thats the worst part about driving around here, the person behind the wheel of the big rig is always guilty unless proven otherwise. Glad to hear your driver way alright.

  4. #4handtpipeline2010-06-19 21:00

    He said he picked that shirt over "no matter what the voices in your head tell you, they ARE out to get you" that morning.

  5. #5handtpipeline2010-06-19 21:17

    Actually, she did admit guilt at the scene. Said she didn't see him. He was doing between 45 and 50 in a 55 MPH zone (according to a vehicle that was behind him and saw the whole thing happen.)

  6. #6CM19952010-06-19 22:20

    Glad everyone is OK HTP, like others have said it could have been a lot worse. IF the fella with the T shirt on was the driver then I guess that day he was the statue..

  7. #7handtpipeline2010-06-19 22:37

    Yeah, he's our driver. He had a little cut on his head, if you look close you can see some drops of blood on his shirt. I told him "today would be the day to buy a lottery ticket, cause someone was watching over him". If the woman would have had a passenger, it could have been a lot worse.

  8. #8qball2010-06-20 22:29

    man, that coulda been so bad. luckily, nobody was badly hurt. you can replace a truck, people are a bit harder.

  9. #9tonka2010-06-21 13:02

    yeah thats why i said "Hope"...

  10. #10handtpipeline2010-06-23 19:43

    You know, I started moving equipment with our '80 Mack when I was 14. I know it wasn't technically legal, but back then (1986) before the CDL days, a family business was afforded some leeway as far as underage driving (at least in Oklahoma). I still think if I had gotten caught, it would have been a bad deal. I did get stopped a few times between the ages of 14 and 18, when I got my Commercial Chauffers liscense, but always had an oversize permit, which is what they asked for, and never asked for a liscense. U used to love to move equipment back then. Now days, the way people drive, I absolutely dread it. People have absolutely no respect for trucks anymore. I don't expect everybody to just automatically give me the right of way, but my god... You can't stop a loaded truck going 50 MPH in 25 feet. It just don't work like that. And why are they always in such a hurry to pull out in front of you. Within a mile or two, they'll be the one holding YOU up. It's completly redicilous.

  11. #11tonka2010-06-23 20:05

    Yup... I was in the car with my GF the other day she pulled out right in front of a truck he was maybe 200 feet from her at the time and coming on strong.... Me being a truck driver, I chewed her ass out... she said oh he can stop... i showed her this thread and taken her out for a run with me since, she now has a greater appreciation for trucks and there stopping capabilities