They do exist! I guess number two is in Arizona. Does this mean the Cat secret police are coming to my house now?
sweet find. Just watch out for any white SUV's with Cat plates on them and shady looking guys now
Yeah they'll probably be the men in Cat Yellow. lol :beatsme
That's nice we finally got some pictures!
If it was that big of a deal before they would have tarped it on the lowboy And not taken them to a urban site to test
or do like they used to do in the old days....just put somebody elses sticker on it......say maybe paint it orange and call 'er a hitatchi but really "Bolt Thrower" you may wanna consider getting some body guards and writing down your every move for the next few weeks just incase u were to show up missing :tong Pj
looks good
Cat probably figured everybody would think its just a 345E, looks like they put some ventilation for the rad and oil coolers on the cab side they were always bad for not having that on they're machines.
Looking more closely at the first photo, I see that it looks like half the engine hood lifts up on this one. Not a bad idea from a maintanence stand point, but I do like the smaller hatch on the B-D series 345's. Lookin forward to seeing more photos (or maybe one in person)... if blow thrower doesn't get abducted first:drinkup
Come to think of it,....he hasnt been back on since he started the thread pj
BoltThrower, we'll tell the world your story, if you don't come back.
Watch out for the grease police
I believe that is just a 336 with out decals
It isn't the 336E. - C
I found another one, here are some good pics....
the seat cover rocks !!!!
Hahahaha........I was just thinking the same thing.
I really don't like cat hoes I wonder if this model will change my mind
I guess shag is back in style this year. lol Is that a hi-walker undercarriage maybe it's just me but that undercarriage kinda looks like on some of the logging roadbuilders, just triple grousers instead of double and no thumb. Even with all my complaints about Cat machines they still look good hopefully this will change my mind too.
I haven't liked a single Cat hoe since the demise of the 200 series...ie: 205/215/225/235/245. Maybe this time they'll get it right, but I'm not holding my breath.
I never have spent much time in the 2 series cats. I have just found every cat hoe I have ran is a piece of worn out junk But the JD Hitachi komatsu hoes with the same or more hours owned by the same company are in better shape and dig harder. When do these new Es come out for sale I would demo one and give it a shot
Where is that located?
245d, It's the variable undercarriage, similar to the 345bLME on that job, but same idea. Interesting seat cover to be sure... and just so no one says "its a 336 or 374"... here's the plate. *on edit, I really need to check the first page before posting*
To make up for not checking with 9420's photos, here's one of my photos that doesn't look quite the same as his ointhead *side note* Is anyone else been having trouble with attachments not resizing anymore?:bash
Beautiful machines i wonder whether the B or the E will last the longer hours? Is there just too much electronic and emission stuff hanging off them?
do you guys have it on demo? i work down in md maybe theyll send it my way next
as far as the emissions are concerned i am pretty sure that the DPF and other filters will have to be replaced at certain hour intervals by LAW. Basically it will be the law to replace the filters and the machine will de-rate and will have enough power to be put on to a truck to be replaced.
The DPF equiped machines will regen and burn the soot out I doubt they will de rate for replacement cause the filter will end up plugging over time and the owner will want to replace it to get his fuel economy and performance back Just like the trucks that have DpF filters They my even have urea injection on them
Ah, ok after looking at it a few times I think it's also how high the house and engine compartment cover appear. It's been a few years since I was on anything bigger than a 330. And I gotta agree with Alco nothing beats how much of a ground breaker the old 200 series was and how long they lasted. I still miss running 245's for Sureway there was just something about those old dinosaurs that kept me coming back.
I ran a cat 245 for a day when i was a young teen don;t remember much about it except it was hot and my loader had air cond lol I might have to find one now im older and play around with it to see what you guys keep raving about my uncle has a 245 I think might have to go visit him.
What I was told about the clean out cycle is that it is automatic and there is nothing the operator can do about it. I hadn't heard of any derate operation at all. I do kind of think that this is a little dangerous as well. Suppose you are setting a vault and have men in the hole when your machine decides to go into regen. What are you supposed to do with ten to twenty trucks when your machine stops to take a dump? I'm for cleaner air but really I know where I live the air is cleaner now by far then back in the late sixties. I have also heard of a law suit staring up about the height of the house behind the operator and the safety of others on the job site. I doubt it will go anywhere what with cameras and TV monitors I've seen in the cabs now. But that is just another expensive add on that will raise the price. How many jobs will all this cost us?
The environmental controls are getting ridiculous, and putting rear view cameras on excavators that don't really need it what a joke.
The days of a little puff of black to know she is working are well and truely over
9420pullpan, that 349 is parked with some allan myers equipment where are those machines parked, i think that 349 was the same one we had at work. I work for Ransome Cat in bensalem
You guys have no idea how much that whole episode ticked me off... Thanks for the new pics, fellows. :notworthy And yes, the picture re-sizer seems like it got left behind in the server move. Squizzy was supposed to pack it, but he thought CM had taken care of it, and CM thought OrchardEx had it in his truck.... It's so hard to find good help these days, ya know? We're working on getting it back. :bash
What episode? Are we allowed to ask?
Till the resizer gets found.... here's the only other appropriate sized one I got Seems the buckets are getting bigger, awesome :drinkup:notworthy
You see above, some veiled references to Cat's supposed secret police. One of our members had posted a thread earlier about this machine, and posted a number of times, and sent an increasingly upset series of PMs, asking, no, more like begging, to have the thread removed, because his livelyhood had been threatened by whomever he was working for, if he didn't get the thread removed. That was about six weeks ago. What did they think was going to happen? Brand K could reverse engineer it based on a couple of pictures posted here? We really don't like to remove threads, but at the same time, we're not going to leave a member twisting in the wind based on something he contributed here. That's all the further discussion that particular subject warrants, so let's just let it drop...
I dunno but I was told (by a cat sales and a mechanic) the regen process to clean the DPF filter was automatic and does not stop the machine Just like when your duramax cummins or powerstroke regens you dont have to pull over and stop. This could be wrong it is CAT we are talking about.
gimme a 235 dlc any time over this new junk.
Just another Cat hoe. No big deal.....
does the 2011 model equipment have that addetive for the exaust that all the new trucks are comming out with. and does anyone know what the situation is with the CARB rules out in califonia.
This machine is located near the Lansdale Interchange of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. If you are exiting the turnpike at Lansdale go to the traffic light. Turn right onto Route 63. Less than one mile on the right is the construction project. It is a penndot project- the 309 connector. There was a bulk rock excavaion under the power lines.
Shhh no one is suppose to know Welcome to the forums rockman!:drinkup Who ya work for?
catsubishi hoes Sorry guys, I was the biggest cat supporter on the block, right up until they stopped the 200 series hoes. I have been on these new 300 series rigs for the last 5 years steady and I can firmly tell you I am no more impressed by these than I am a komatsu. Decent hoes but nothing compared to the older 200 series rigs. Alot of unnecessary non productive electronics in them . And I can do anything in 225DLC THAT i CAN IN A 325D LC. Cat seems to have gotten confused between motion and progress ointhead