Heres my 350 Bantam working on a small bridge install.The first picture is in our yard testing .We wanted to drive the piles without leads to keep the load light and make the reach.the internal hammer worked well,a little slower than adrop hammer,but fine for 4 short piles.Maybe this should go in the old iron section,but the 350 is still certified and pays its way for us.
Looking good!
Nice Bantam, (Koehring) tell us a bit about it. I got a '61 Bantam myself.
Bantam Heres the 350 lifting a generator unit.$4500 crane with 100 G/s on the hook.
Aside from my crane humor above,i found this 350 on craigslist near Seattle.Aparently it came from Montery California before that.We have tuned and serviced the engines ,cleaned the fuel tanks and replaced all the outrigger hoses. After this job I think we are going to pull the hoist drums as they no longer run smooth.Aside from that its a good little crane for projects like this.Kind of a contrast to the 8115 P&H I was running acouple of weeks ago.
We had a similar machine. Same carrier but with ~60 ft of hyd. boom. Left the factory as a 17 1/2 ton. Derated to 15 tons when it was 20+years old. Any one have pics of one or n=know that model number? Cheers L.D.
Lowbed driver- I'm sure it was a T-450A, generally on a CCC chassis. They had the "Clear-View" and a swing under jib as well.
Tugger, do you have power down hoists and an independent worm gear boom hoist? I haven't seen a 350 with hydro riggers before, mine are screw down. However I welded a nut to the top and use a 1" air gun to run it up and down while swinging the upper accordingly to lighten the weight on that particular rigger. I see you got the clear view cab and the gantry as well, what does it have for a motor?
Hi Bigshow Yes it has power lowering on the boom and one hoist drum,both chain driven.The outriggers are hydraulic,the upper engine is aflathead 6.Hercules if I remember correctly.Ill post some more pics of the machine later,computers acting up tonight.
Thanks Bigshow. That number sounds familiar. They were quite the crane in their day. Good lifters according to crane operators I spoke to. They had a huge counterweight for a crane their size. It did have a under slung jib as welland some hardware to extend the jib as well. I think tip height was around 100-110ft with everything in place.
Thanks Tugger, that's a nice unit you got. Lowbed, they were a 4,000 lb. counterweight, in case you were curious.