Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

350 Case Crawler-injection pump

Rich49 ยท 2015-04-30 13:25

I have a Case 350 Crawler and have been trying to find my timing lines in the inspection plate (only have the 1 line so far) on the pump before I can take it off. Have read quite a few posts which have been very helpful but I don't know which piston is the #1 piston. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2015-04-30 14:59

    Generaly the piston closes to the fan is #1

  2. #2Rich492015-04-30 16:01

    When the #1 piston is TDC and I have 2 lines that line up on the pump. How do I know that it is on the compression stroke?

  3. #3Rich492015-04-30 17:40

    I guess I am really wondering will they line up on the exhaust stroke too?

  4. #4lantraxco2015-04-30 18:59

    The lines in the pump should not, it turns one turn for every two turns of the crankshaft if I remember correctly. Best to pull the valve cover, at TDC #1 on compression stroke both valves will have slack, on exhaust stroke at TDC one or both will be partially opened.

  5. #5Rich492015-04-30 20:00

    Thank you very much.