I just purchased this Bantam truck crying tc350 the tires on it are rotten and no good the crane has been sitting about 10 years what I'm told my question is what truck rim we'll fit this 350 can I put 1000 20 on this machine will that work it has 825 20s on them right now and I think 1020's Will trump be cheaper to buy I just need to know what truck Rim will fit the Bantam any help would be great and I thank you in advance
If you can get a picture of the wheel area, we can give you a better idea of what will bolt up. Its probably Dayton/ spoke wheels. It might be budd, but I doubt it. If they are daytons, I'd probably just spring for 22.5 rims if you intend to actually keep tires on it, they will be easier to find and deal with than 10.00r20's Daytons: Budd's- if they are budd style, try to get a stud count and cross section measurement.
Okay thanks I'll try to do that I'll probably go see the crane next week it's 48 miles from me
In a couple of weeks I'm going to retrieve the tc350 Bantam truck crane without putting tires on them or drag it out of the woods and put on a Landoll and bring it home and put it up for sale so if anyone wants to buy tc350 I'll post photos and you come look at it and make me an offer
I hate to say this, but if you are paying someone to drag it out of the woods just to sell it, I would recommend that you skip a step. Don't bring it to your yard, just go right to the scrapyard, while you have it on the trailer. I don't know what you gave for it, but you probably will have more in the hauling than what it will bring, IF you can get someone to buy it. There's a lot of them still out there, from county or state highway departments, and old bridge construction companies, that run and drive and everything works, and are still in pretty good shape. And those won't usually bring very much money. To try to get someone to out out cash $$ for a project from the weeds- there's just no buyers. Sorry. I like old iron as much as anyone else, but there's just very little value there. I think if you unload it in your yard, you'll just end up paying someone else to haul it away later. And again, I'm sorry, but I think that's realistic from the pictures you've posted.
Well mr. Crane operator that is your opinion and you can have it your opinion that is got herself Alabama there is very few cranes around also this is a 6 wheel drive lot of people would like to have that another thing they may not want to restore the crane but parts are needed on other crimes that still exist I have had some replies about the crane but the distance is too far most people are up north that have asked about the bantam so anyway you have a wonderful 2020 and I will try to also
Well then looks like you have it all figured out , guess we can close this thread. good luck
Sorry Dozerbill63, I didn't mean to offend you, if I did I'm sorry. I was just trying to be realistic for you. From the pictures you posted, it looks like someone has run off with the screw jacks and outriggers in the front, and the whole back outrigger box is gone. In this picture, you can see that the support member for the outrigger is rusted totally out. I don't know what the rest of the machine is like, but from the pictures you posted, it looks really rough.
This Bantam t350a sold about 4-5 hours away from me this summer, from a county road department. Everything was there on this crane, good rubber, cable, and everything worked. Sheet metal was all straight, had all the glass in it, a pretty good looking little crane. It brought $2,640. Its night and day condition wise, from what I could see from the pictures of yours. If you can find a buyer for yours, that's great, and I hope you do, there just wouldn't be many buyers in my area. https://www.purplewave.com/auction/190709/item/DE8388/1973-Bantam-T350A-Cranes-Truck_Crane-Missouri
Not much call for the old lattice bantams around here. Too easy to achieve a squirt boom unit and not have to deal with lattice boom stowage.
Well Mr Crane Operator...lol
Is a reason most of these old machines got parked in the weeds, worn slick, outdated, parts unavailable to keep together and finally just the expenses to keep passing inspections. There comes a point they are a waste of effort, have been written off depreciated to the point have zero value even as scrap.
Wow...... well damn, I'm worn out too. Don't have alot of money being I spent most of it on women and beer...... the rest I just wasted. But I still have my good looks!!! Some of us can't afford to go out and buy new link belt or a triple 7 manitowoc. So I did what I had to do and wasted some more buying this tc 350. I know a little history behind it mainly that the fellow that owned kept the upper da up on it very well per his grandson. Now let me skip the rest of the b/s to my question...... Is there anybody that can tell me A. how to adjust the friction brakes on the boom lift drum B. The whip line And C. The dragline drum . Also is there anyone will to share any shop or owners manual.???? I got this machine to tinker with. It came with a gray, 2 clam, a jib and a cable hoe. It's got bottom house boom section, top crown and middle section apx 6ft. Also can anyone tell me what is th safe maximum boom length? Anything info wise I would more than appreciate. I've found about all I can find out on YouTube except these questions. Thanks in advance, God bless you and yours and may God American to get us back on the right track. Thomas York
I believe I can help you with those issues. I have a manual, just have to get copies, and adjustments. Can be explained to, Let me know if you get this. Bret
Not familiar with the term "squirt boom". Is that a hydro crane with multiple extension stages? There are still a couple of friction cranes in use around here, but the smallest is a 250T unit. One is Link-Belt, the other Manitowoc, (sp)?
Yes, Squirt Boom is slang for a Hydraulic Extend Mast.
Copy. Thanks,
Give me a shout. I believe I can help you out. [email protected] Bret
Maybe I have it figured out this time....... I have a manual and can help you adjust your friction breaks,