Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

350B machine rebuild start-finish

Fordman ยท 2015-01-18 19:31

I am going to be posting photos throughout the engine and machine work I did on my new dozer.

Replies13
  1. #1Fordman2015-01-18 20:04

    ...

  2. #2Fordman2015-01-18 20:17
  3. #3Fordman2015-01-18 20:20
  4. #4Fordman2015-01-18 20:23

    I apolgize for the sideways ones... Im stilll learning

  5. #5Fordman2015-01-18 20:27
  6. #6Fordman2015-01-18 20:29
  7. #7nowing752015-01-18 20:59

    Looks like a fun project. Will you be making money with it or just a toy

  8. #8tctractors2015-01-19 02:10

    Is your Fan on "Backwards???" tctractors

  9. #9Fordman2015-01-19 23:33

    Ya, A older farmer I talked to about dozers said they turn the fan the otherway in sandy and dusty environments to keep it from clogging and the engine compartment clean. I tried to turn it the right way but the fan isnt orginal to case and wouldnt work that way.. I may have to change it.

  10. #10Fordman2015-01-19 23:42

    Its basically a toy, I found out that what killed the motor was someone recently rebuilt the engine but didnt use the drilled bolt for the oil gallery. That blocked off oil flow to the rocker shaft and made it seize and break off the post on the rear cylinder, so the valves never opened on the rear one. Previous owner had a habit of using ether(had to be hard to start with that dead cylinder then) ,two middle cylinders had compression rings that came out in pieces. You may also recall that I posted a topic regarding no oil pressure. I used a tighter pump off a used motor, but later found out that it was missing the plugs that cap off the pressure relief valve gallery. the following is what was replaced -sleeves -cam bushings -crank ground -pistons -rod bushings -injectors -rebuilt inj pump -oil pump rebuilt

  11. #11big ben2015-01-19 23:56

    Turning the fan the other way on the hub will not change the direction of air flow, it just makes the fan a lot less good at its job of pushing or pulling the air. It's like trying to fly an air plane backwards ! Need to change the pitch of the blades not flip the hub 180 degrees to change air flow But on another note the machine looks great. Thanks for the pictures !

  12. #12YEC19982015-01-20 00:20

    I am glad to see another 350B out there I have a 1979 Model that my Dad bought new. I learned to operate on that little machine. I am hopefully going to restore mine in the near future.

  13. #13tctractors2015-01-20 02:12

    The fan wont' blow cotton wool along in the position it is fitted to the hub, its a blower fan only and is not reversable, so it needs swapping 180deg or hanging on a Nail. tctractors