Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

350l cat help

jperfect ยท 2007-07-08 22:41

the guy im working for is picking up a 1998 350l cat. excavator, maybe. can anybody help us out the specs of this digger? and were gone to be looking for a 16ft. stick for it, if anybody got one let me know what you want for it.

Replies6
  1. #1mflah872007-07-09 21:50

    All depends on the work your going to be doing with it. If your doing demo work then you'd want a short stick for more breakout force. If your doing deep excavations a long stick would be better. But sometimes your better to have a short stick on a site job so you can move more material faster.

  2. #2jperfect2007-07-11 20:53

    im digging mainline sewer and water. looking for lifting and max depth of diging.

  3. #3mflah872007-07-12 10:59

    I couldn't give you exact measurements and capacities, but I do think the digging depth is somewhere around 35 ft. I have a Komatsu PC600 that'll go down 35 feet. I would call the Cat dealer near you and ask them for some information on it. I never owned a Cat 350, but I know some who have and they had problems with them. You might be better off with a Komatsu PC600 or Volvo of that size.

  4. #4Wulf2007-07-12 17:38

    According to the Cat Performance Handbook I'm surprised none of the 'Cat guys' could help... Cat 350 and 350L (Japan Sourced) Dig depth with Reach Boom 30' 1" with 15' 9" stick 26' 2" with 11' 10" stick 24' 4" with 10' 2" stick Dig Depth with Mass Boom 24' 10" with 12' 2" stick 22' 6" with 9' 8" stick 20' 9" with 7" 10" stick Max lift depends on whether you have 350L standard or 350L 'Heavy Lift' and mass boom or reach boom..

  5. #5jperfect2007-07-12 20:50

    got the 350 today seems to run good digs good. i need the long stick 23 ft bore pit today and had a hard time with the reach. thanks wulf. we were looking at a volvo I ran loader and it was junk, my boss is to cheap to buy a pc 600. if we buy this one we are gone to be looking for a long stick and quick coupler.

  6. #6mflah872007-07-13 12:33

    well when your cheap boss is yelling at you to go faster, tell him things would went faster with a Komatsu.