Hello I am attempting to resolve what I’m hoping is a simple problem but I can’t find much information on diagnostics/trouble shooting steps for my system. The machine is a 3554 equiped with a dangle head prossesing head powered by a 6081 engine with an electronically controlled RE-521423 injection pump. The problem occurred after shutting the machine down for a few days to service the attachment and when I fired it up after service the machine would not rev up when the throttle dial was turned. Checked the wiring and replaced the female plugs at the solenoids cleaned the male poles and tested the throttle potentiometer in cab which seemed to function properly. I am not familiar with this system and do not know any of the electrical values or specific functions of the three plugs on the pump. The two top solenoids I assume have something to do with throttle control and shut off. The third connector below this on the side of the pump I have no idea. So my question is does anyone have any testing information and guidance in trouble shooting this problem without swapping out parts until something is fixed. Hell I can do that Lol Thanks
I know you say it's throttle related but have you checked the turbo actuator? I had a 2954 that did the same thing and that's what it was
Please supply a complete machine serial number. The compartment behind the cab or in the battery compartment should be a small 2" diameter gauge. When the engine is idling, are there any lights lit up on that display? Scroll until you see the word "ServCode" with up and down arrows next to it. Press and hold the up and down arrows at the same time to view the active service codes. Use the up or down arrow to view all codes. Post what is displayed. Do the same for the "StorCode" menu option as well.
Thank you for the replies I got the codes from the cab monitor which were 4, 7, and 11. All of which indicated a wiring problem and that something was amiss with the back hydraulic pump’s sending unit. When I unplugged both sensors from the pumps bared and inspected the wiring harnesses I found several poor wiring splices that had started to fail as well as some that could have been shorting out if the machine shook the harness when on rough terrain. The many gremlins in the system played havoc with several of the low voltage sensors and controls the throttle system being one of them. Tore back all the poor wiring repairs and replaced with new wires and plugs. Back up and running. Too many systems and subsystems linked together making things difficult to pin point the origin of the actual problem. Sure miss the old hand throttle half dozen wire machines.