Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3719-16 dpf #1 soot loading percent high

Anthony93 · 2024-08-30 19:02

I’m working on a cc34b combo roller and this event code is logged. It won’t go into high idle it’ll just idle. I can’t find anything wrong with it other than the egr valve reads 0. Any ideas? CATCC34BJ32400135

Replies7
  1. #1Zewnten2024-08-31 23:19

    Are the safe harbour modes triggered?

  2. #2Anthony932024-09-11 08:11

    How do I figure that out? Im new to diag and we dont work on this piece of equipment very often.

  3. #3Nige2024-09-11 09:43

    From a brief look at the troubleshooting procedure without ET you're f'ked............

  4. #4Anthony932024-09-11 09:59

    We have Et and it comes up as an event code. I tried to regenerate but it only has 10 percent for the soot load

  5. #5Nige2024-09-11 11:03

    In that case you need one of the Tier 4 experts to chime in.

  6. #6D-Alaksa2024-09-11 13:15

    How many Hrs? You will probably need to remove the DPF filter and get it baked. Another idea is to remove the EGR valve and check that its not plugged at the fins, If it is you will have an EGR cooler also being plugged up. Start at the DPF system some machines have a soot level sensor that rarely goes bad but does happen. Let us know what you find.

  7. #7D-Alaksa2024-09-11 13:16

    I've experience DPF soot load percentage being low such as yours and when I pulled the DPF filter the thing was destroyed and had to replace a failed filter, It also did not go into a high idle because of it.