I have a 1998 Ingersoll Rand roller It an sd-100d and the serial number is 153314. It’s going to need a new hood Does anybody know where I can find one at, I called Volvo and they said it’s discontinued but they gave me the part number 13227830
Best best is a scrap yard. Failing that if you have any good left a good body man that knows how to work with fiber glass. We have one as well and our hood is cracking up. We went the route of body man and built a new frame for it. That’s gotten us by so far. If that fails then it’s to the scrap yard. I’ve even considered building one out of sheet metal given that they’re generally a boxy shape that should be easy enough to replicate.
Hey Justin! I'm working on an sd70, same vintage. Can you tell me if the engine lugs when you try to move the roller fwd or rev while the ebrake is engaged? Sorry to pull you off topic! I've got a machine that won't move and have no prior history on it. I'm not sure exactly where to start poking for some answers.. For a hood - I would talk to local welding shop or contract welder to build it new.
Sorry I have checked this in a while, on my roller when u try to move it with the park brake is on. It doesn’t try to lug the engine down And for the hood I’m probably going to weld something together for it. Whenever I catch up on al the other projects
With the E-brake engaged, your machine SHOULD lug down. A lot of compactors won't even engage the drives with the E-brake on. All my machine does, is honk the horn when I try to move with the brake on. The first time this happened to me, it took me five minutes of *** IS HAPPENING, until I saw that I set the E-brake the last time I operated the machine. I bought the machine with the E-brake bypassed and had recently fixed the E-brake switch, so I wasn't used to the brake.