I picked up a 379 Pete triaxle dump truck, Been working through a few issues, one is the battery box location, as you can see in the picture, the tag axle is tucked right up against the battery box. The exhaust prevents me from moving it any further ahead. Macks and Westernstars I have had used twin battery trays in front of the fuel tanks keeping behind the fuel tanks clear, they also had single stacks on the passenger side. The second picture is a 359 I found online, and has a smaller higher batterybox with the air tanks mounted bellow. Hoping someone has a better idea, or has seen this style box. My truck has a 3406E so assuming I need the 4 batterys.
You could move it to under the driver's door and go to a larger single tank curb side That's the way my truck is set up with a 100 gallon tank
3 batteries should be enough-
I was hoping to make part of the passenger side tank a hydraulic tank and ditch the hydraulic tank on the passenger side. Looks like merrit makes some aftermarket battery boxes, they are pricey but look like they fit my application. I like the way the air tanks on the second picture are outboard of the frame and give access to water drain and such. Is that a factory setup for a 359?
Pete used that for years on all models, just depended on spec's.