Here are some pics of our Manitowoc 999 with a small amount of stick in it... haha two days after this picture we came back and reconfigured it for the third time to total hieght of 460 combined feet. It needed so much stick because the towers on each side of the mississippi were over 420' I believe. I have never seen a lattice boom crawler with main, luffer, and fixed jib all in one set up... nuts. I had the pleasure of playing in the seat during lunch time. FAIL. haha something with that much stick takes years of skill and talent and im just an apprentice. :notworthy I bet the linemen in that basket got some good views of the country side. :drinkup Sadly the crane has a bullgang crew on it this weekend and I will be on the crew tomorrow but the crane will already be down to main boom so there will be no pictures of the 460' configuration.
a few more...
and some more...
And the last of them, the crane on the Illinois side of the river is a Link Belt with fixed jib I believe, not sure of the model. Before the Stink Belt crawler we had our Grove HL 150t lattice boom truck crane over there.
Wow, just wow.
Wow. 460' is a lot of stick, especially that rig! Cool pictures though.