Here are some photos I took of Essex's triple eight ringer while working at Amerens Portage De Souix power station on a GMK7550. The 888 ringer was picking ductwork for a scrubber upgrade at this plant. In one of the photos you can see workers rigging the ductwork for the days pick to give you a good comparison of size. Last friday operators and oilers reconfigured the ringer back to a standard 888 crawler. Also note the boom and mast sections on this crane... they are larger than a 2250's section and may be equivalent or even larger than an 18000's main boom section. I talked to the operator about this and he was unsure as well, we both were unsure if the sections came from a larger model or are made special just for ringers. :drinkup
Sorry the pictures arent perfect, I am no photographer haha. one more, whew this computer stuff is enough to drive a man nuts.
The guys rigging the duct work can be seen on the 5th picture down from the top, they are right next to the man lifts basket on top of the duct. there are three of them