So, have this quote here. Wondering if any of you guys want to weigh in on it. Thanks.
Why do you need quick coupler valve @ $2750+$756? IIRC, the fusion and IT couplers have the same hydraulic requirements.
I really have no idea what we *need* besides a quick coupler, and a third valve to operate a 6-way blade. That's why I'm asking you guys to pick this apart because $34k seems like they're trying to drive the loader up my @$$.
Okay. Quote says remove pin coupler. You don't have one of those according to build sheet. It says bucket, no coupler. Is machine equipped with bucket coupler now?
No. Just normal pin attachment. I suspect they're just grabbing numbers that Cat provides if someone wants to upgrade to a Fusion.
Can you get them to supply some Part Numbers for at least the high-dollar items like the 3rd valve, Fusion coupler for machine, Fusion coupler hook assembly to weld on the back of the bucket.? Also they ought to be supplying details of how many man-hours they estimate for each segment of the job. It seems strange to me on the face of it that they can't give firm prices for a lot of the parts. If I was quoting that job I'd have a section for "Misc. Items" that would be an estimate and use that for anything unforeseen that cropped up during the job. IMHO giving estimated Parts pricing for almost every segment of the job gives the impression that they don't have a clue what the ***k they're doing........
Or don't want the job because they want to sell us a new loader
That is a possibility that hadn't crossed my mind. How did you get on with the dodgy oil samples on that engine we were talking about a while ago.? Has it gone bang yet.?
I know there are only a few that pay attention to my posts on HEF, and I only know a couple people personally on here. That being said, I'm probably a *modern* parts or service guysworst nightmare, because I know how it used to be with parts guys, I don't put up with any bull$#it, and it doesn't take long for guys to get indignant because I don't have time to wait around for days. I'm getting better at diplomacy, but I sure wish I had the parts guys I had 20 years ago.
Nope. Actually had to use it in corn for quite a bit since the other machine has had some stupid problems. Have put around a 100 hours on it, when working it's consistently running at 85-90% engine load (corn takes power) and it burns about a gallon of oil to 250 gallons of fuel. Hasn't gotten any worse so we are crossing our fingers and toes that it makes next season. A re-man engine is about $80K, and the machine is worth about $130K.
Be like me - "Diplomacy is the art of telling a person to go to Hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip". Maybe you need to up the dose of diplomacy medication you're taking.?
Nige, here are the suggested parts and prices: 310-9394. Quick coupler assembly $4158.89 315-6343 Quick coupler valve $1677.57 142-2900 Auxiliary valve $8192.35 No on-hand availability with a lead time of 6 months or more
So, $15,000 in labor to install third valve, plumbing, coupler, and bucket hooks. I want to know if they're going to throw in a 5 gallon bucket of Vaseline.
Your prices are pretty much right. I'm showing them slighlty higher than you're been quoted. Reason for the long delivery on the Aux Valve is that it's been discontinued. I was going to ask if they had looked at a used valve from a machine that was being parted out, but here is a new "genuine Cat" one on eBay for $5,480. Only downside is that it's in Florida. Ask the seller for a photo maybe.? https://www.ebay.com/c/10024424438 Other options for a new 142-2900 Valve also appear to be available. Avspare also appears to have one.
Did you get a estimate from Boude's service
Where are they located?
Williston ND
This is exactly why I designed that six way valve ten years ago and had HydraForce build it, it would do exactly what you need done to control a six way blade. Now if I can just convince former boss to start selling them, it would save end users a helluva lot of money.