Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat IT 18 loader main hydraulic valve issue

Dwallace ยท 2020-03-02 16:46

I have an old 1986 cat IT 18 loader. the tilt up circuit drifts down purdy bad. tilt down not bad at all. main boom no drift. I've repacked all cylinders and inspected for leaks. machine has divider valve for aux. that uses tilt. scoop up a load flick the switch she holds load. so got to be main valve. it's in a very tight place. can't see a pressure relief adjustment. it would be very helpful if anyone has service manual for this or similar machine.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2020-03-02 18:13

    First hing to help in finding documentation would be the machine Serial Number...........

  2. #2Dwallace2020-03-03 07:14

    9nb01062

  3. #3Nige2020-03-03 09:53

    I sent you by PM what I think should cover it. SysOp & T&A for the hydraulic system, plus both schematics (electrical and hydraulic) Your machine was built on 7th August 1986. Here's the original build spec.

  4. #4Dwallace2020-05-13 15:44

    thank you sir!! I was able to diagnose the problem too the relief valves in the control bank.

  5. #5Nige2020-05-13 15:50

    Always nice to hear a success story.