Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4 in 1 bucket

Zkdiesel · 2021-01-16 16:40

in need of an 84” gp bucket. Do I spend a grand on a new regular bucket or do I invest in a 4-1? Are the factory Deere/cat/case buckets that much better than aftermarket ones? Worth buying a used oem style 4-1 for close to price of a new aftermarket? I’ll be low use on it, but will come in handy in my aresonal. Already have a beat 72” flat bottom grapple bucket

Replies2
  1. #1Bumpsteer2021-01-16 21:09

    My first question is why do you think you need a 4 in 1 bucket? Not being a dick, I have one, it helps to know your useage. Ed

  2. #2Steve Frazier2021-01-16 21:37

    It depends on what your goal is. If you want to move the maximum amount of material in the shortest amount of time then the GP bucket is the ticket. If you find you're doing a lot of final grading, cleanup and other types of work where the clamping bucket will cut your labor costs then the 4 in 1 bucket is an invaluable tool. The disadvantage is it is heavier and will reduce the amount of material the machine can lift in each cycle. For my purposes I have the 4 in 1, I don't own a G/P bucket. Not many people are doing bulk loading with a skid steer.