Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845C Aux Hydraulics

CaseNut · 2021-01-16 12:10

Hello. I have a Case 1845 and am going to pick up a 1845C. The 1845C I am going to pick up doesn’t have the aux hydraulics so I want to add it as I have a log splitter and grapple bucket. I did some searching and I haven’t been able to find any pictures or drawings of how and where to connect the aux hydraulics. Does anyone here have a 1845c with aux hydraulics that can post some pics of where they connect and how things are routed? Pump pics and pedal pics? Thank You in advance.

Replies5
  1. #1Zkdiesel2021-01-16 12:20

    You steal power off hydraulic valve for boom, but you need to add a “power beyond fitting” when you remove a plug Then valve is front mounted at machine with a direct link pedal above it Done it once and used a donor machine, not a bad job. Ended up making a pivot pedal from scratch as it was missing off my donor. Plenty of room in belly for you to route hydro lines

  2. #2Welder Dave2021-01-16 14:05

    Surprised an 1845C wouldn't come standard with aux. hydraulics.

  3. #3CaseNut2021-01-16 14:19

    Thanks for the replies. I have added aux hydraulics to my 1845. Amazingly it was easy to find the parts and how to connect them. I’m not having as much luck so far for the 1845C. I would have thought the 1845C would come with aux hydraulics standard too. I would also wonder if the valve and the pedal assembly would be the same between the 1845 and the 1845C?

  4. #4Welder Dave2021-01-16 15:15

    I don't know if many parts would be interchangeable. The 1845C is a lot different than the original 1845. There was an 1845B but it was very short lived. Not sure if it was problematic or why it didn't last long.

  5. #5CaseNut2021-01-23 18:16

    I was hoping the valve and pedal may be the same between the two machines to make it an easier install. Would love to see some pics to see where the hoses connect and the hose routing.