Hello everyone. I recently purchase a 4 in 1 and I’m not sure it’s right for my machine. For those of you who have them on your track loaders- can you lower the loader all the way to the stops and still load? If I lower and level my bucket it will pick up the front of the machine a little. My only option is to lift the loader up some to push into the pile to fill the bucket. I feel that puts unnecessary strain on the loader. Are they all like that?
Assuming this is on a skid loader or ctl most that I've ran across are this way on some machines you can shim up the arm stops so its not picking the loader up or just pick the bucket up a bit.
Any loader I have ever been on has a Dig function that you have to be able to pass Level to put the machine into soil. If just using on a stockpile can go as far as installing Cylinder Stops for absolute bottom but to get into a excavation aspect have to be able to pass below tracking depth.
Welcome to HEF, Upnorth ! What kind of machine do you have ?
Thank you all for the responses. I thought that might be the case. I bought a budget friendly bucket (at least compared to what CAT wanted ) just wanted to make sure it wasn’t poorly designed. I have a Terex R190T ctl
Not sure how your machine is set up but if the standard bucket is all the way down and level with the ground for loading and the 4 in 1 lifts the wheels, I'd say the quick attach plate is not oriented the same as the OEM bucket. You can probably lift it up but depends on if your machine is designed to be all the way down for heavy digging. My skid steer is designed so the boom pushes against the main frame with the bucket flat on the ground. Front tires still have full weight on them. My Cat track loader (crawler) with 4 in 1 is heavy duty enough it doesn't have to be all the way down. It is designed to go down a few more inches than ground level and still have the bucket level. Your machine may be similar. Your operators manual should tell you if the boom should be all the way down.
Edit ----->I was typing while Dave was posting. Nice skid steer, Upnorth ! I think the loader on your machine goes all the way down to stops on the frame. If that is true, it would be quite simple to fabricate steel pads for the contact point to raise the the loader to the desired at-rest position. They could be designed to be removable if you decided to use the original Terex bucket.
My 4in1s ride low on all my skidsteers. I assumed it was so I could blade with the bucket open.
Only machine I’ve operated where you rode down on the stops was a Bobcat. Everything else I’ve operated, skid steers, ctl’s, wheel loaders, backhoe loaders, tracked loaders, you carry the bucket. Got to say, with the old foot controls it was easier as you bottomed the arms and just varied the pitch. Not being a master of foot controls I needed this.
This is from the operators manual for his R190T.
You’re all very helpful. Mines a 2016 with less than 500 hours but it didn’t come with a manual. I’m sure I can find one online. It sounds like it’s the “nature of the beast” with a 4 in 1. The cat bucket that came with it would level up against the loader stops but I do understand the idea behind this sitting lower to dig with the blade. I have some learning to do with this bucket.
Go here for the operators manual. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1475084/Terex-R190t-Row.html
Go here for the service manual. -----> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwin4LyIhYnrAhXBHc0KHQ5nDDIQFjAFegQICBAB&url=https://rentalex.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/R070T_Service_Manual.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1HGZ4yr6QIV6d7LKilHgZs The page appears to be blank, but check your download location and it will be there.