It's finally dried up that I can work on the oval track. The county is too busy fixing roads to do custom grading at this time. I picked up some steel to make individually adjustable gauge wheel for my box blade with a floating tailgate. The track is approx. a 1/4 mile long and 65' wide. If I tilt the box blade 3/4- 1" lower on one side and take shallow cuts, do you think this could work for such a big area or the blade would fill up and not cut any more? I could loosen the clay soil some. If the weather holds I can get a bunch of mini stock and micro sprint cars out. Track needs to be fairly smooth so don't know if I should leave it flat as is or try to angle it slightly for better cornering and to help with drainage? I'd be happy with dropping it 6-8" from outside to inside or is it better to wait for a grader?
Instead of going around the track, maybe go from the outside edge (or where you want the slope to start) of the track with the boxbkade down to the inside edge of the track. Any excess dirt can then be dumped on the bottom if the track and be scooped up easy with a loader. Can make your “rough” cut this way, then go around the track in the normal direction to do a final smoothing Grader would probably be much quicker and more accurate if you have access to one
There are few slightly low spots but overall pretty flat and smooth. My biggest worry trying to put a slope on it is making it rough and and not as smooth. The county will do custom grader work but they are behind due to excessive rain. I think it's probably best to wait till a grader can come.