Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4 in 1 bucket wont stay open

Charliedeltatango · 2024-02-10 04:57

Hi guys, newbie to these forums and was hoping someone would have a solution to the issue I’m having with my 4 in 1 bucket or auxilary hydraulic system. I have a 2020 CAT 249D and when I open the 4in1 bucket, it slowly starts to close by itself and vise versa, when its closed all the way, if I tilt the bucket all the way down, the 4in1 starts to open slowly by itself. The thumb switch works fine, i also tried to switch to another 4in1 bucket and still the same issue. The only way it’ll stay closed or open is when I hit the continuous flow rocker switch. I can’t figure out why the auxiliary hydraulic pressure doesnt hold. any help is appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Charliedeltatango2024-02-20 04:44

    Disregard this post. I solved the problem.

  2. #2bobatack2024-02-20 06:32

    curious minds would like to know.....