Anyone ever adapted a 4 in 1 bucket from a wheeled back-hoe to a skid-steer ? Am looking to get one that is 7' to 8' wide but not too deep, to replace my snow loading bucket The problem I find with the big snow buckets designated for a skid, is that you can't tip the bucket down far enough to shake the sticky snow out when loading the tall tandems ...... they are too narrow and too deep But as a thought a 4 in 1 would also double as a blade to scrape down compact and also for back dragging material like on the back-hoes..... the 4 in 1's that the skid companies build are too mickey-mouse in design, weird hyd cyl posts and no capacity Was just a thought , and thow it out there for some feed back :beatsme :drinkup
I think that the one for the backhoe would be a better bucket and would adapt with a 200$ mounting plate but i would be worried that it would be to heavy for the machine because it would be built heavyer Look for a high dump bucket or one with an ejector IMO good luck
Deeretime, morning! ...... Ya I hear you .... weight is def not a concern to me .... from what I found the back-hoe 4in1's are less than 2,000#'s, when you concider that alot of my attachments weigh more than that or close to it ....I mostly want to use it for snow removal (loading too) and possibly for grading/spreading materials ..... I do have no problem lifting 4,000#'s .... but the idea of those ejector buckets is great but they're crappy built , and couldn't you see it ice and snow building up where the slider has to retract into Strength is my major concern .....i'm tired of repairing the fatigued one all the time, actually the weight would be an advantage not having to put alot of extra down pressure on, keeping all the wheels in traction mode .....LOL... Thanx ...... if you hear of a good deal on one up there let me know :drinkup
:update ..... Well I finally did it ! ..... got 'er adapted (it was a piece of cake).... and it works better than expected ....it was a bucket off of a JD 510C .... 92" wide:exactly ......so I'll try and post these pics of success soon ... :drinkup
Congrats!!!! Hey Craft.....would be great to see some pictures. I was thinking of doing the same thing. You can email them to me if it is easier at [email protected] . Thanks Brad
We will be posting pics ASAP on here as soon as HEF figures out where the glitch in the system is ......#$%@??)(???? ...... damn comp's & hackers ! The auto re-sizer we had here at HEF to post pics seems to have disapeared with the format change we had a couple of mths ago, plus I guess a couple of other hic-ups ........ GK
I was looking into doing this last fall , I think as long as its on a big machine the weight of the bucket should not be a big deal unless your going into a frozen pile and need break out power . At that point the weight will effect you some but on a big machine the drive power can assist some just in brute force. I had found a few new 4 in 1 buckets for around $2000 that where telahandler or buckets that where "IT" ready but didnt have a coupling on the back . The problems was it was going to cost $3000+ for the entire project so I gave up on the idea and just picked up a bucket form everything attachments for heavy duty digging for $1350 to my door for a 84" bucket.
76567[/attach] 76569[/attach]
Finally was able to figure out HOW to get these pics posted ...... took over 2hrs cause we lost the auto re-sizer on HEF
xcmark : The skid steer 4in1's I was looking at were anywhere from $4,000-$5,000 for brands "X" New ..... this Real Bucket was about half that, and the cost of steel to build the custom plate (3/8" steel plate and sides) only came to ~$150 ...... $15 to have the plate bent to the exact angle for the pins and about a day and a half for me to fit'n weld it up. New Male & Female flat face couplers, and ~$20 worth of hyd ftgs, and 2-4' hyd hoses. For over twice the Bucket and half of the price I would do it again in a "heart beat" ...... but thats just me I knew exactly what I wanted to achieve ..... Enjoy !
If I had found a bucket local I would have jump at it , the closest bucket I would was $1200 in shipping cost on the west cost...... Yours lookes like a real nice one! well worth the effort.
Nicely Done Craft.....thanks for the photo's.
Looks good Craft, put a little paint on it and it will look like new.
Thanx for the complements Guys ! ...... Ya ! .... the bucket was a very straight one too, so you're right a Little Paint ..... LOL .... I already got sh*t for that from my Bobcat salesman friend ...... Hmmmmm ? ... I think i'll just leave it the same color, but freshen it up just keep him p*ssed off :cool2....LOL ... and then it'll match my new Buhler snowblower & my Davco brush mulcher ...
looks good great job, a 4 in 1 is def something id like on my gehl, but with gehls goofy mounting system id prob need to convert to the standard quick attach setup first
Nice looking retrofit.
I love it. Gives me an idea for my 287 Cat