New way to ask my question. Is the hub for the freeze out plug tapped? Or is there a way I can put a fitting into it to put a heater on the engine. Thanks
Cowboy, Do you have a cab heater/heater hoses on your machine? Also there was a really good thread on this a few months ago. You would have to go back and search through the discussions but I know it is there. Z
Heater HI, Just take off the lower radiator hose and get a heater that will fit into the hose. It takes about 10 min to install one of these. You just cut the hose in half, insert the heater, tighten the clamps and reinstall the hose. They work great. I'm even lazier. I bought a magnetic heater and just put in on the block and you are ready to go. Here's one on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kats...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Dave
Thanks for the replies. I don't have cab heater,wish I did. I didn't realize they made a heater the size of a radiator hose. WOW. Anyway I read some feedbacks on the mag. heater and some said it's a waste of money. I was leaning toward one of these because the oil pan is protected by the bottom of the machine. Does yours work well? I live in mid Penna. we get cold but not like Minna. Thanks for any input and thanks for the replies. Thought for a while I was speakin' Spanish:usa
Heater I have a 200 watt heater stuck to the side of the head. This keeps number 1 and number 2 hot, so it starts easily. I've also had good luck with the lower radiator hose heater. Here's one on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lowe...tZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Dave