Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4 in 1 Buckets are the Best

Cat420 ยท 2006-04-05 22:24

I love our this bucket more every time I use it. Has anyone used a 4in 1 bucket like this before? We have used this setup to move boxes of siding and now sheetrock. Some day I would like to rig up steel forks that get clamped in the bucket.

Replies5
  1. #1Bob Horrell2006-04-05 22:38

    I have 4in1 buckets on both my tlb and bobcat. Like you, I am always finding new ways to use them. I wouldn't have a piece of equipment without one. One way I use them quite often is to remove tree limbs that are in the way. Just pinch them off with the side of the bucket. Much faster than a saw and it usually leaves a pretty clean break. Also use it for removing fence posts a lot. It is a real labor saver when it comes to moving railroad ties or placing large bolders. I could go on and on.

  2. #2Cat4202006-04-05 22:44

    I didn't think of this question until just now. Does anyone know who invented the first 4 in 1 type bucket?

  3. #3Ford LT-90002006-04-05 23:26

    The pipe layers I worked with last summer had a set of forks for their 590 Case they were two lengths of heavy channel with a taper put on the end like a forklift fork. The other end was a hook made out of a piece of angle iron that hooked over the edge inside edge of the bucket. When they squeezed the 4 in 1 closed it pushed the hook into the edge of the bucket and kept it from flipping up. The JCB I was running had quick connect forks the best way to go but you had to be really carefull with them as there isn't enough weight to keep the front wheels planted. Having a 4 in 1 is nice you just can't abuse them make sure you keep the top pins greased.

  4. #4dayexco2006-04-06 09:48

    i think the inventor of the 4 in 1 bucket was john drott. who later manufactured drott excavators

  5. #5itsgottobegreen2006-04-06 21:21

    Thats pretty crafty. I like that idea. :thumbsup