Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4 in 1 forks what have you done?

Fulltiltchris ยท 2020-06-11 14:24

I have a 4 in 1 bucket that id like to use some clamp in forks with. I got a set of regular forks that im planing to cut the backs off.(uprights) then weld a big I beam to the bottom or maybe big angle iron? What have you guys done? Pictures would be great. On case 580

Replies6
  1. #1highwayghost2020-06-11 15:07

    What about adding the brackets at the top of the bucket to hold the rod across the forks. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Mounting...895174&hash=item46aecf34a6:g:jnwAAOSwb59dyS71

  2. #2mitch5042020-06-11 21:39

    Yeah, I'd be afraid of warping the bucket clamping them in. It's a lot easier than you may think to bend a 4-in-1 where it won't seal anymore.

  3. #3Fulltiltchris2020-06-13 00:10

    Im going to look into the pin on style makes more sense then clamping the forks. Wish i found those before i found used forks.

  4. #4highwayghost2020-06-13 06:11

    Can you modify the forks you have to work in the same manner after adding the brackets? https://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Pin-Typ...749948&hash=item1eef9a0e39:g:PbUAAOSwPuRb~HAM

  5. #5JPV2020-06-13 10:05

    The only thing to pay attention to is if you open the bucket with the forks on it is possible they can wind up on the hood! I would avoid the clamp style also.

  6. #6Fulltiltchris2020-06-13 11:09

    Ohh i could see them ending up on the hood quickly. The forks I have dont have enough back hight to weld a pipe to the top to run the hooks. Im just starting out so think ill switch to the hooks asap. I also like the idea of having the back of the forks for the load to rest on not just the void of the bucket.