Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4 way pattern Changer on my hitachi

tjohnsoncoatings · 2024-04-04 17:09

I recently purchased a 2005 hitachi zx 70 for personal use. It has a 4 way rotary pattern changer behind the cab. Everything I find online shows it came with ISO controls but this machine is SAE and 3 other patterns I’ve never seen . I’ll add pictures. I’m curious on if this was done in certain parts of the world or if an any one has any more info about it . Appreciate your time

Replies5
  1. #1Deere500a2024-04-05 00:08

    Odd patterns. Guessing by the overspray came from overseas on the used market got repainted with North American colors

  2. #2Cliffy2024-04-05 15:34

    After learning to operate an excavator as a 7 year old on a JSW pattern machine i still find SAE and ISO patterns backwards. That must be one complex valve inside.

  3. #3Willie B2024-04-05 20:05

    I believe SAE Standard Automotive Engineering) is the dipper & bucket right hand, The boom & swing is left. ISO (International Standard Orginization) is boom & dipper switch hands. Swing left & dipper. Boom & bucket right. I have never seen other joystick patterns.

  4. #4willie592024-04-05 22:26

    Yes, I've seen "weird" control patterns on what we call "gray market" machines, machines not built for North America market that find their way here. I'd bet a dollar to a donut you have a gray market machine. Take your serial number to a local Deere/Hitachi dealer and they can confirm. If it is, see if they'll support parts for that machine because you're going to need parts. BTW, control pattern M would make me lose my mind.

  5. #5LACHAU2024-04-06 01:27

    That's not strange! Those are the control patterns of Japanese domestic excavators. H = Hitachi pattern. Y = Yutani pattern. M = Mitsubishi pattern. K = Kobelco pattern.