Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

40F JLG High Lift

junkjocky ยท 2024-08-01 15:11

Does any one out there have description with pictures on how to remove and replace the table rotation seals on my JLG 40F two wheel drive high lift? Also; where can I buy these seals. Thanks for any help on this mater.

Replies7
  1. #1willie592024-08-01 22:45

    You need to check out this thread, it's a long thread with a lot of information on the 40F. > HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2junkjocky2024-08-08 21:22

    Thanks Willie59 for the git back. You are right in saying the thread you suggested has a lot of info on it but I saw nothing about my problem of the platform hydraulic swivel seal replacement. Any help there? Manuals pictures and or description would really help. Holding my breath junkjocky

  3. #3excavator2024-08-09 11:32

    Having dealt with the older JLG machines in the past I can say pretty confidently that the manual will not likely cover this. The older JLG manuals left lots to the imagination. If you have not already done so I would move this post to the one that Willie59 referred to, you will get more responses there.

  4. #4junkjocky2024-08-12 11:22

    Thank you excavator I do presently have a manual that has nothing in it about the swivel so you are most likely correct in your evaluation of the these older manuals. I will see if I can figure out how to get to the thread you suggested. Thanks again.

  5. #5OFF2024-08-15 00:42

    I call it a hydraulic swivel, the JLG book calls it a "Rotary Oil Coupling". Part #0230153 (whole assy.) The parts book does show a seal kit, part #3960013 although the description just says "seal". It does list an O-ring size. (.25 x 4.5 x 5) I imagine all six O-rings would be the same size. A bearing house should be able to get you the O-rings and match up a lip seal for the bottom. Barrel might require a honing?

  6. #6junkjocky2024-08-23 07:38
  7. #7junkjocky2024-08-23 07:47

    Thank you Sir Your response is very helpful. I presently have the hydraulic hoses disconnected from the bottom side of the machine but can't get the seal sleeve to slide off. Any help in the disassembly?