I have an old 410 and need to replace the backhoe bucket. When I got the machine it came with a 3 in 1 backhoe bucket that had been welded shut and is worn out. I need a regular 18-24" bucket but everything I see for sale calls out the machine it was off and not enough for me to know if it will fit. Is there a model or standard in the bucket industry or I have to measure width between ears, diameter of pin and center line of holes on each one? Thanks, Tom
"Is there a model or standard in the bucket industry" NO "have to measure width between ears, diameter of pin and center line of holes on each one" YES I believe the Deere standard up until ABOUT the mid 90's was 8 1/2" between the ears, 1 3/4" and 1 1/2" pins. I DON'T know if the straight 410 used that standard or not.
I do remember the 410B and all it's offspring (C,D,E...) had smaller pins than the old straight 410. It always seemed to me like each manufacturer made up their own design within a small group of years and models and liked to change it every so often. Case may be the exception?
Depending on the spacing between the ears on a bucket, it is possible to have bushings made at a local machine shop. I have a JD 510 that I have made a 18" 310 bucket work on (since I got the bucket for $150 and could never find an 18" for that cheap). The 510 has 2.5" pins and the 310 bucket has 1.5 and 1.75 pins. So, I had bushings made at 2.5 with through holes just 100th of an inch larger than the 1.5 and 1.75 pins. I had them made from C1045 polished round rod and grease them. Work great! Just an option to look into if you find a deal on a bucket. I use the 18 for digging footings and my BIG boy with the solid 2.5 pins for heavier work. BTW, I have an extra 24" bucket that doesn't fit my machine. What are the spacing between the ears and pin sizes? I see you are in GA, I'm in NC, we could strike a deal.
Thanks for the replies. Yep, I figured this wasn't going to be easy. Almost everything I see listed doesn't call out the dimensions except bucket size. My 410 has about 8.25" between the ears and the next set of holes is about 12.5" on center. With the bracket between the pins it seems there is some room for a slightly different center to center of holes. I forgot the pin diameter so I need to recheck that....I think it is 1.75" pins.
The 24" I have won't work for you. It is off a 310 and has ear spacings of 6 3/4". Sorry, Happy hunting.