Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

410 C Slow hydraulics

Loganj22 ยท 2017-09-13 19:44

Hi I'm new to the site as well as troubleshooting hydraulics.. anyways I have a JD 410C and the loader frame has become much slower raising up then usual. The machine has "shuttered" during operation of loader for quite some time now but never was this slow. Going to grab some test gauges from work and check pressures coming from pump. Anything else anyone would recommend me checking if pressures look good. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1telwood2017-09-14 21:06

    Do you have a backhoe on the loader? If so is that operation speed good?

  2. #2Loganj222017-09-15 07:12

    Yes I do have a backhoe and it works as it should.

  3. #3Delmer2017-09-15 08:41

    There's a priority valve that tries to keep the pressure up for steering and brakes by shutting off flow to the loader below a certain pressure, but doesn't do anything to the backhoe cause if you're driving around and using the backhoe at the same time then the steering and brakes won't do you much good anyway. That's why the loader is stuttering and not the backhoe. The charge pressure is the next step back to check. There are at least a couple of valves responsible for maintaining the charge pressure, a pressure control valve on the transmission and a relief valve on the hydraulic filter. A service manual is extremely helpful, even if I understood the whole system, the manual would be easier to understand than I am.

  4. #4Tinkerer2017-09-15 13:30

    Bent cylinder rod possible ? Or a cylinder piston dragging in its bore ?

  5. #5Loganj222017-09-15 14:04

    Sounds good! I really appreciate the insight! I'll be be working on it tomorrow and get back with what I find. Will definitely start at the priority valve

  6. #6Delmer2017-09-15 16:17

    No, the priority valve is doing what it's there for. The pressure control valve on the trans, and the relief valve on the filter head, and the charge pressure are what you want to look into.

  7. #7Loganj222017-09-16 08:25

    Ok I see now, accidentally misread your first message. Thanks for all the help