Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Alcohol Injector on Trojan 1900 Loader

Jackf ยท 2017-09-14 07:47

I goofed today !!, I put DOT brake fluid in the alcohol injector reservoir. I ran the loader for a few hours before I realized. I emptied it out but Did I do any harm to the air brake system ? Thanks for any info

Replies2
  1. #1kshansen2017-09-14 08:48

    First off DOT brake fluid should not harm any of the rubber seals and parts in the brake system. Second due to the higher viscosity or the brake fluid I have my doubts that much was even pulled into the air system. I would just drain the air tanks when done for the day each night to see if any thing comes out. Actually that is something I would be suggesting as a standard method of operation!

  2. #2Jackf2017-09-14 18:54

    Thank you very much kshansen, you put my mind at ease ! I also noticed the selector dial was set to "0" which is the closed "summer" setting so I don't think any brake fluid found it's way into the system !!