Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

410 D

Kendall Brown ยท 2020-08-01 18:42

What kind of oil goes in the reverser on a 410 D John Deere backhoe? Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1mg23612020-08-03 05:15

    Welcome to HEF Kendall ! John Deere Hygard.

  2. #2Tinkerer2020-08-03 09:11

    Welcome to HEF, Kendall !

  3. #3JL Sargent2020-08-03 15:54

    Welcome to the forum! You can usually get Hygard at any type JD dealership or store. I get it from an Agricultural type JD dealer.

  4. #4Kendall Brown2020-08-03 22:19

    Thank you mg2361,Tinkerer and JL Sargent for your help. I have a dilemma going with this JD 410-D. I used it last fall until november and parked it for the winter. Late this spring I jumped in and it won't move forward or backward. Worked fine last fall no problems so I am frustrated. The oil level in the reverser is a little low so i am hoping adding oil will fix it. I have serious doubts this is the problem but I am starting with the easy fix first.

  5. #5mg23612020-08-04 04:57

    Make sure the clutch cutout buttons are not the issue. That would be the buttons on the loader lever and the shifter lever.

  6. #6Vetech632020-08-04 06:54

    Them evil RATS!!! I just know it!

  7. #7JL Sargent2020-08-04 09:39

    CHeck the wiring to those switches for real. Mice and squirrels do all kinds of damage. I've had: Cam position sensor, all 3 wires eaten in two. Poly fuel line on a late model truck cut Power wire to in tank fuel pump eaten in two above fuel tank on Jeep Steering wheel center eaten out of Ford tractor. Mice getting in a drawer full of precision instruments and pissing over it all Eating vinyl wrapped yard furniture. On and on.

  8. #8Kendall Brown2020-08-04 16:38

    You guys are just full of good news. Not sure where to start but I will bring my shotgun with me just in case.

  9. #9Kendall Brown2020-08-28 13:40

    Clutch and shifter buttons. I bought this backhoe used so I didn't get a operation or service manual so not sure how the clutch and shifter buttons would affect the hoe that it will not move forward or back. What do I look for?

  10. #10mg23612020-08-29 04:48

    The clutch cutout button is used to disengage the transmission for faster loader operations. If the button is defective then the transmission will disengage and not move forward or reverse.

  11. #11Kendall Brown2020-08-29 14:09

    ok i will see if i can jumper around it. thank you this has been a very helpful forum.

  12. #12Tinkerer2020-08-29 16:27

    I don't know how the switch works. But, you may need to disconnect the wires on it and no jumper. I would think the circuit needs to be open for the transmission to engage.