Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 590 backhoe

Case Fan ยท 2020-08-01 12:13

The stop light comes on at random, I have to shut off for a few seconds to reset. I changed the fwd/rev relay. What is the next best way to go. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2020-08-01 20:52

    Welcome to HEF @Case Fan You will need to give us some more information here. Is this a 590 with no model numbers following it? ie - L;M;N? Just that the only stop light I can think of on a straight 590 (circa 1988-1990) would be the tail lamps. Which doesn't add up with the rest of your information.

  2. #2Case Fan2020-08-03 09:38

    Sorry, the model is 590 super m +, 2012 model year. The stop light is in the gauge cluster. If I go to reverse from park it comes on but if I drive forward first and then back up it does not come on.

  3. #3Tinkerer2020-08-03 11:32

    Welcome to HEF, Case Fan ! The serial number would help.

  4. #4Case Fan2020-08-03 12:13

    serial no. N8C509358 , how do i test the solenoid on the powershift valve body