Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4100 XPC Pics

Shamrock ยท 2009-08-07 10:49

Newest P&H Shovel at the mine. About 6 months old. Can really move some muck. Loads a 310 ton payload truck in 70 seconds.

Replies17
  1. #1Shamrock2009-08-07 10:54

    27 Air Filters for the House Blower Motors. Middle picture is of the Boom, Point Sheave's and back of the Sticks. Third is a buddy at the top of the Sheave's - 60' up. When we change the Hoist Ropes the new guy has to shimmy up the Boom to flip the Tugger Cables onto the outside Sheaves.

  2. #2dirt digger2009-08-07 12:03

    awesome...did they make a discovery channel show about building that one?

  3. #3Eric2009-08-09 17:11

    I run a 4100A. I would love a new XPB. That thing is the sweet!

  4. #4Chris917862009-08-09 18:42

    That's what I was wondering.

  5. #5alco2009-08-09 18:46

    The Discovery Channel show was on a machine delivered to Barrick's Gold Strike Mine. So, not this exact machine, but the same model. Brian

  6. #6JDMGrading2009-08-09 20:54

    How about some in cab pics??

  7. #7Shamrock2009-08-10 16:11

    I'll see if I can dig some up.

  8. #8Shamrock2009-08-10 16:21

    Found a few. The second one is of the Hoist Drum and of the Hoist Ropes leaving the house. First is an older Marion.

  9. #9Shamrock2009-08-10 16:30

    A few more of the Cab. They say the seat alone is 5 figures. Heat, Massage, etc.

  10. #10dozerdave2009-08-10 16:30

    Hi Shamrock, Great stuff, any idea how many hours you get out of a hoist line?

  11. #11Shamrock2009-08-10 16:37

    I was actually on our hoist rope crew for awhile. The standard budget is 1200 hours. In actuality it varies considerably depending on the digging the Shovel's in. In well-blasted Shale we can usually get close to 1500 hours. In Rehandle, especially in the winter with frost chunks the size of D11's, we have had operators report rat's nests after 6-700. Water logged patterns and Stonehenge type rocks do not seem to effect the Ropes as much as the bucket hardware. Our older version of this one, a 4100 XPB, has been known to go through 3x T&A's a shift ($6,400 CAD each). What manufacturer are you using?

  12. #12alco2009-08-10 20:02

    Oh it must be nice to have blasted material to dig. We run both Esco and Hensley teeth on ours, and it varies dramatically as to hoist rope hours. I've seen them go in as little as 400 hours, and last into the 1200 to 1300 range. I think the average is around 900. Now, if you want a fun job, you wanna do crowd and retract ropes on a BI 495HF. Brian

  13. #13JDMGrading2009-08-10 22:31

    Man that new GMC looks like its been smacked around by the bucket a few times.

  14. #14Shamrock2009-08-11 00:06

    Ha ha ha. Yeah thats a mine truck. 3 months and 60,000 km's and they are shot. Full PM every two weeks. They run more or less non-stop for 3-4 shifts at at time.

  15. #15Ross2009-08-26 08:22

    Yeah thats a Nice machine ... I remember when they put that one together ... Looks great at night. Shame they Back-healed the other XPC planned

  16. #16Ross2009-08-26 08:35

    Shamrock: From your Posting I see you havent worked up there very long? Hows the 994F doing?

  17. #17P&H 4100 xpb2009-10-03 10:25

    Hi, I search pictures from a P&H 4100 xpb