Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is this?

cat345bl ยท 2009-08-05 10:14

I hope this has to do with earth moving. I have been trying to figure out what this piece of metal is for a while. I figured someone on here would know what it is. Its been sitting there for a couple of decades.

Replies11
  1. #1tonka2009-08-05 12:12

    scrap iron.............lol

  2. #2cat345bl2009-08-05 12:20

    yea I would scrap it if I owned. But this company does not get rid of stuff, so it is staying.

  3. #3spitzair2009-08-05 20:23

    Maybe a blower for a burn pit? Being how it's all rusty and the blowers on the back make me think it's been exposed to some heat at some point but just pure speculation...

  4. #4flametamer2009-08-05 23:58

    I second that. Dt

  5. #5cat345bl2009-08-08 12:34

    Thanks, but what is a burn pit blower. What is it used for, why is it set up like this. Is like a blower to a brush pit burner.

  6. #6Dozerboy2009-08-08 17:18

    Ya or that my guess as well:beatsme

  7. #7Wolf2009-08-08 17:22

    Yeah, push over the trees and burn the debris. Gets the fire going real nice.

  8. #8cat345bl2009-08-09 15:23

    Thanks Everybody, it looks nothing like todays burners so thats what stumped me. I guess it is an early model.

  9. #9ronnie2009-08-19 22:18

    if its a burner it's not a mcpherson they are a bast@rd to set up if your new at it i'm gonna go with burner but would it be used on top of the ground or in a pit someone tell me if i'm wrong but the tway i was taught you kee pthe loading side of the pit(i've only loaded a pit with a dozer)higher than the side the burner is on to create a circle or tornado effect in the pit so as to get rid of the smoke quicker a fire marshal told me that 1 time

  10. #10MikeL062010-01-01 07:58

    I only seeing here a big scrap if iron.

  11. #11poclainshovel2010-01-27 07:07

    what company is this ??