Last fall, finished using TLB one day and backed into parking spot. The next time I went to use it, it wouldn't move in forward but is OK in reverse. (I had noticed that it seemed like the forward clutch might be slipping in the higher gears that last day.) I'm about to pull the reverser rear cover assy. (it's not a MFWD machine) and I have the parts gathered together to replace the forward discs. Are there any "words of wisdom" as to what to watch out for? (I have the tech. manuals and have spent considerable time reviewing them.) Apparently the rear cover/clutch assembly weighs ~ 80#. I have a transmission jack but it isn't quite high enough to reach the cover when the machine is raised high enough to get the jack/cover out from under the machine frame. I suspect I can tilt the jack head enough to squeeze it out, once lowered. (Unfortunately, I can't get the cover assy. on the jack and then start the engine to raise the machine with stabilizers and front bucket or I suspect I'd have hydraulic fluid all over the place!) My Tech. manual [TM-1469 (Dec. 88 update of TM-1364, Mar. 88). Page 0300-1] addresses a "Reverser Rear Cover Mounting Bracket - Dealer fabricated tool (See section 99 for instructions for fabrication)". Well, there's no section 99 in my manual. The tool is pretty simple, judging from the photos (pgs. 0300-4 & -5), but I'd sure like to see the dimensions. I expect that section 99 may have been in the previous edition of 1364. Any thoughts would be most welcome!!
Hi , I am not sure if this helps but I have a 410B 4x4 and one day I had the same problem . I found that the problem was on the left side by the clutch pedal . a bracket had broken and when you push in the clutch pedal it disconnects the drive system . With that bracket broken it was default to no go . Probably to late but just in case you haven't got it going yet .