Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

410b spool

rockdog ยท 2009-08-03 18:47

I'm looking for a loader bucket spool valve for my 410B. These are no longer carried by the dealers. So I need to locate a used bucket section with Gresen spools. I've looked on line but can't seem to find anybody who has a 410B they are dismantling. Where do you guys get your used parts from? Any help from the powers at heavy equipment forums would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Phil

Replies4
  1. #1willie592009-08-03 20:59

    Have you tried Machinery Trader? http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...x=exact&GUID=B4328632EA824BC9850C8218261AA939 Also, you could try calling Cecil at Iron Peddlers. http://www.ironpeddlers.com/

  2. #2capnkel2009-08-03 21:55

    You might find what you need at https://www.surpluscenter.com/home.asp they have a few gresen valves listed.If you are just replacing a worn out valve,there are alot of valves you could use that would work just fine.I'm not a John Deere expert,but i believe most use a closed center valve,most valve companys can convert to either open center,or closed center hydraulics,some of the more modern stuff is load sensing hydraulics nowdays.

  3. #3ala.millwright2009-08-03 22:54

    Try to find the part # or serial # on the valve itself. If you have a local motion industries supplier they should be able to get this valve for you. Or you could go their website.

  4. #4rockdog2009-09-02 11:08

    OK, bringing this back from the dead. I looked all over the US and couldn't find a used Gresan spool. This valve is no longer made as Gresan was bought out by Parker. They then stopped making all the Gresan valves that they were making a Parker valve that was similar. So I went to Hydraulic Controls to have my spool tested. Sure enough the spool was toast. They researched and hooked me up with a whole new loader valve setup for around $550.00. A little linkage adapting and it works great.:drinkup