Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

410B Spool valve ??

rockdog ยท 2008-10-22 22:22

I have a 83 John Deere 410B that I bought a few months ago. It has a few problems I need to fix. The one I'm chasing now is the spool valve on the front bucket. It won't hold the front wheels up when I tilt the bucket down to dig down. It lifts the tractor fine, but slowly bleeds down when you let off the lever. I had the cylinder rebuilt. No difference. So i figure it must be the spool valve. The guy at the hydraulics shop told me you can't rebuild spool valves. So I would have to buy a new one. I don't think I could find a new one for this old of machine. It's a gresen (sp) valve with the return to dig feature. The return to dig doesn't work. Could the fluid be bypassing through that somehow? Is there a way to plug that if it is the problem? Or should I just start calling bone yards looking for a used one? Any experience with this or advice would really be appreciated since I have very little experience with this machine. Phil

Replies3
  1. #1ncbschzzt2008-10-23 01:03

    Sounds like the relief valve. These are the valve seal kits, will come with seals for relief valves also. You may need to replace the relief anyway though. If the spool is damaged in anyway you will have to replace the whole section. KIT AT129255 KIT AT151244

  2. #2rockdog2008-10-23 09:48

    Thanks, got your pm. Could you pm me a price and the way to pay you? Phil

  3. #3bachman442009-05-10 19:44

    Good information. I have a simular problem with my son's 510C. Thanks