Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

410j

bigblueox ยท 2007-10-28 22:24

i think i got the picture resizing thing down. i found this beauty near my house.

Replies6
  1. #1bigblueox2007-10-28 22:30

    has anybody had any experience with JD's new quick coupler? i'm not sure how it's supposed to work. looks neat!

  2. #2Turbo218352007-10-29 06:48

    Im not sure on John Deeres coupler. It looks like a Wain Roy coupler. Maybe Deere made a deal or bought them? Anyways. The couplers like this are nice. Extremely simple. The front of it is shaped like a C and slides into the actual bucket. Then the pin on the back goes through a boss on the bucket into the coupler. They work great. One company I worked for had all their backhoes set up with these. Each hoe had a 1,2,3 standard buckets and a 5 ft grading bucket. The punch out division that did all our utility repairs and punch out work also had a hammer and a plate compactor. The down side of the system is they tend to get some play over time. Im not positive, but I think you have to work on the buckets to tighten things back up. Not like system where you grab a pin. On those you can replace the pins and be on your way. Josh

  3. #3LowBoy2007-10-29 07:01

    On the topic of quick couplers, especially WR, excessive play after some yahoo's abuse is the norm. Shimming is mandatory if you are sensative to the constant wobble and play in the coupler.

  4. #4coopers2007-10-29 20:15

    That looks like CP's quick coupler? Is that JD's new one? That is horrible compared to what they had. Like I said it looks like CP's design and I never understood how so many people (rental companies especially HERTZ) like that style. Blake WA

  5. #5mikef872007-10-30 05:46

    Cat used the same type coupler on the M wheeled machine series. I personally don't like them because if you curl the bucket all the way material comes out thru the holes where the c slides in. They do loosen up but I think that all depends on the operator..

  6. #6tylermckee2007-10-30 09:59

    never been a fan of that style coupler, but it still beats pounding pins out. Our 580 has a breaker, compactor, and buckets but no QC, so it spends most its time with the compactor.