Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

410j black smoke

dogger 1 ยท 2014-09-01 11:38

I have a 2011 410j tmc I just bought. Came out of a 310SG. This 410 smokes like crazy. I compare it to a 510 Massey combine. Really smokes under acceleration and not real bad at working speed but I can still see trail of smoke. This has a tier three fuel system, common rail style. I have changed air and fuel filters but not really any difference. Dealer said they have had some complaints like mine about the j series but I don't think this is right. Machine has 3500hrs. Anyone have similar issues or where do I start next. So far dealer support not real good. They got their money and seeya. thanks

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies2
  1. #1Deon2014-09-01 20:39

    Does it look like this? https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLNwq4E_Rfx8b7PYikcSN4dLZ2A6bFZ2Qa&v=EdxomKXR0AU

  2. #2JBlackwell2014-09-02 10:25

    We have a 410J. Only has 165hrs. It smokes just like the one in that video. Done it since day 1. All checks out to be fine. Just had it serviced also and still same thing. Seems to be normal to me.