My 410J just seems to be smoking more than normal. I had the shop guys come out;put the laptop on it And did the cut out test on each injector. It seemed to be OK. The Backhoe starts good,runs good,just seems abnormal to see smoking on a 2011 diesel engine.
Welcome to HEF Tile man ! What color is the smoke. Black, white, gray, blue? Does it stink of fuel, oil or is it sweet smelling? Smoking all the time, or just under load?
Dirty air filter ?
Not OP but mine (2004 NH LB75b) smokes blue a pretty fair amount in the mid-range RPM. I think I read that that could be injectors but I don't remember and searching here has lead to me being more confused.
The smoke coming out is black even when it’s warmed up good; under any kind of load, you see a small amount of smoke, and when you hit the throttle, it will smoke more. Fuel filters were changed, and air filter is clean. The engine oil seems to get blacker than I’m used to with the other DIESEL tractors and trucks that I have. i’ve been changing the oil more often at around 100 and 150 hours. Typically I run some of the other tractors I have 200 to 250hrs.
How often is it run, is it possible she just started drinking winter fuel?
It doesn’t seem to be any different running winter fuel, or summer fuel. I put about 300 hours a year on the machine.
Hmmmm, I always seem to get a bit more blue, black smoke on winter fuel, of course I add more stuff to it starting in fall.