I was given a Kubota bucket that I intended to use on a SSQA. It is a lovely bucket, new, never used. Well, new as in never used. It is approximately 30 years old, has been parked in a friends barn all this time. It is approx.1.25 yds. heaped, I would guess. The problem is that the QA plate on the bucket is not SSQA. It is only 11" tall vs the standard 16" spacing. Also, where the pins would hit is solid steel, the pin cutouts are different spacing. The plate width is about the same. It is a very well built bucket, I hate to cut stuff up and weld it for what I need, but that is likely what I will do. I am quite curious, does anyone know, exactly, what this is, and what, exactly, it was called? I assume it was a proprietary design Kubota used before they went to SSQA. From what I see here, it is a shame it wasn't adopted as universal, it is heavier and better designed than SSQA.
Pictures would help. But since Kubota didn't start building skid steers until around 2011. I would guess it is tractor loader bucket, maybe a Kubota wheel loader bucket. 1.25 cy if you are right it is a really big bucket. I am guessing it is considerably less than that, however if you are correct, it will take a pretty good size skid steer to manage that.
yes, pictures... just thought someone might be familiar w/ it. it is the same size bucket i had on a 908 cat, which was 1.25 yds., heaped. prob 1 yd struck. yes, big for a skidsteer, likely for a loader. i am not overly familiar with kubota, i assume their small loaders use SSQA. I know smaller cat loaders and skidsteers are interchangeable SSQA. I originally grabbed the bucket to use on an old 340 B ford. i was going to put a QA on that and use this bucket, which as i said, is new. i started looking at it more closely and then noticed the disparity. it is more an object of curiosity to me what this design was called, and when it was used.