Hello Everyone, Thanks for the great resource here. Lucky I haven't needed any help with my 410J until now! This bushing on the swing arm cylinder literally fell out. It doesn't look like a snap ring or anything keeps it in. Are these just pressed in? Any pointers on replacing would be much appreciated. I'm pretty handy but any specialty tools that are over the top I way have to take her into RDO. Additionally what would cause this to fall out? As you can see it appears one looks to be making it's way out of the top side as well. The one in question and pictured is on the underside. Thanks in advance, Casey
I guess those are just pressed in? Maybe some locktite for the next go round.
Welcome to HEF, Hector ! Most likely a lack of grease was the cause of the extreme wear and the bushing falling out. You need new bushings for sure. Belzona or a similar epoxy will be needed in the bore of the one that fell out.
Thanks for the replies! It appears there is both a bushing in the frame of the unit as well as the one that fell out which was on the "ear" of the swing cylinder. Temporarily I got the bushing back in that fell out. I think I'm going to take her in to RDO and have them replace the 4 bushings pressed into the frame and the 4 bushings on each of the swings cylinder ears.
The bushing that fell out of the swing cylinder rod eye, may (most likely) need to have the eye cut off and replaced. The cylinder is usually taken apart, so the eye of the rod can be cut off in a lathe.