Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

415 Cat

Pford@indigofarm · 2023-07-30 08:00

Good morning all. I’m brand new to this group so I apologize for my lack of knowledge ahead of time I’ve got a Cat 415 backhoe with 500 hrs on it that will now only start by jumping the starter. I’ve called the dealership several times but wasn’t able to get any help. I changed out all of the relays that go to the starter and still nothing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-07-30 08:21

    G'day and welcome. Let's see if we can get this moved to the BHL section for better visibility. Also if you can post a Serial Number (last 8 characters of the 17-character PIN) it will assist in finding technical information.

  2. #2Pford@indigofarm2023-07-30 08:29

    Will do thanks. What is the BHL?

  3. #3Nige2023-07-30 08:31

    Backhoe Loader. Don't worry. I've already put in a request for it to be moved.

  4. #4Pford@indigofarm2023-07-30 08:33

    Thank you for that. I just attacha picture of the serial and PIN number

  5. #5edgephoto2023-07-30 21:03

    If we can get a wiring diagram then we can help you diagnose the problem vs. using the parts cannon. Do you have a volt meter? If not, go buy one.

  6. #6Nige2023-07-31 03:13

    This is a relatively new model and has me somewhat confused. There are options for an electronic engine or non-electronic and the electrical schematics are different depending on what type of engine is installed. To the OP. Can you take a look at your engine. On the (I think) LH side is there an electronic control box about 9” square and 3” thick with a thick wiring harness going into it.?

  7. #7Nige2023-07-31 06:00

    This is what I'm referring to, and it is on the LH side if you have an electronically-controlled engine.

  8. #8Pford@indigofarm2023-09-02 07:45

    Well it turns out it was the key switch