Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416 c

Dickjr. ยท 2013-08-25 18:58

I'm getting prepared to do some repair on my 416C. It has 4200 hrs and is still in good condition. One thing , the ball joints that connect from the steering ram to the tie rods , they want 585$ for a complete steering tie rod. The ends are replaceable from what I can tell. All I need is the ball joint with the dust covers. Classic cat parts has it for 155$. But I can't tell if thats the entire tie rod assembly or just the ball joint. The parts rep says its the same thing. Other than this I need seat parts , a bucket adapter and some teeth. Almost 1200$ for 2 complete tie rods seams a little pricey.

Replies3
  1. #1BlazinSS9342013-08-25 20:35

    CAT stands for Costs A Ton lol. Just wonder were you are able to source seat parts online? I have a 416 IT and the transporter who hauled it to my local cat dealer for service broke my right arm rest I need one

  2. #2bowen2013-08-26 06:29

    You might find a local shop that builds or repairs drive shafts. I know they have replaced some of my John Deere joints, much cheaper.

  3. #3Dickjr.2013-08-27 11:29

    Blazin , the arm rests are 70 a piece.